Did you know our hormone levels drop around the age of 35? This may not be too shocking since it’s only natural for things to change in our bodies as we get older. But with many people, lower hormone levels mean more than just a significant drop in energy. It also means weight gain, mood swings, depression, etc. For these people and so many more, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can be a real game-changer in helping them feel like themselves again.
Do these symptoms ever occur?
- Low energy and fatigue
- Weight gain
- Anxiety, stress, and depression
- Mood swings
- Low sex drive and sexual dysfunction
- Skin issues (dry skin, loss of elasticity, etc.)
- Hair loss
- Memory loss
- Poor concentration
If these symptoms of hormone imbalances sound all too familiar, maybe it’s time to see us at Live Young Wellness Spa in Flower Mound and Castle Hills. We take pride in helping our clients feel better inside and out.
Natural hormones such as estrogen and testosterone are produced throughout the body and regulate nearly all bodily functions. When hormone production drops, we begin to experience a host of problems traditionally associated with getting older. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Bioidentical hormones are derived from plants. They are identical to what we have in the human body, and they are designed to replace the hormone numbers we lose over time.
Depending on your hormone levels and symptoms, we may incorporate testosterone, thyroid hormone, estradiol, progesterone, melatonin, or growth hormones to improve your symptoms.
What does Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy look like here at Live Young Wellness Spa?
- Health Assessment – This is a thorough look at your medical history and current symptoms, along with a physical exam and blood draw for an extensive panel of labs. These labs give us your exact hormone levels. We will also discuss the various medication choices, including the advantages and disadvantages, to help you choose what best fits your life, health, and goals. Also, we discuss exercise options. We believe wholeheartedly in the synergistic effect of exercise and hormones on mood and health. Finally, you will likely leave with prescriptions to begin your hormone optimization. This ranges from pellets and creams to oral pills.
- Follow-up and Lab Review – Four to eight weeks after your initial visit, you will follow up to discuss your lab work. This allows you to understand how the initial medications are going. It also allows time for all lab work to return.
- On-going Maintenance – Follow-up appointments are an integral part of the Live Young hormone process. To optimize each hormone, we need to check levels periodically and adjust dosages or frequency as needed. Lab re-checks and follow-up appointments are critical to optimizing your hormone levels and require some compliance and commitment on your part to make your program healthy and successful.
Am I a good candidate?
Men and women are equally good candidates for bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, and candidates can be of any age. In other words, you don’t have to be in your 50s or 60s — many of our patients suffer imbalances in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. Furthermore, you may be a good candidate if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Low energy
- Unintended or unexplained weight gain
- Anxiety, stress, depression, and mood swings
- Low testosterone in men
- Women suffering from menopause and perimenopause
If the list above doesn’t convince you to consider bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, keep in mind that hormone imbalances can cause an internal ripple effect that could get worse if left unchecked. While it’s easy to just “blame it all on age,” the root cause is something much worse. Years of clinical research have proven that bioidentical hormone replacement therapy reverses these symptoms. It also produces a protective effect on many of our organ systems, protects us against loss of muscular strength and bone density, and even helps reduce cardiovascular disease risk.
Call us for any of your hormone replacement needs today!!
The best way to know if bioidentical hormone replacement Therapy is right for you is to schedule an appointment with us today. As always, our team is here to help. Each procedure is customized to your individual needs and performed by expertly-trained medical professionals.
At Live Young Wellness Spa, we want you to walk in our front doors and feel confident that you will receive the best care for your individual needs. It is our job to ensure that happens. We have locations in Flower Mound at 2931 Long Prairie Rd. Flower Mound, TX 75022 and Castle Hills (Carrollton) at 4541 N. Josey Ln. #120 Carrollton, TX 75010.
Give us a call today! For more information about Dr. Drew Sanderson, click here.